2007 TOYOTA CAMRY SPEEDOMETER SWAP ADVICE

• cwerth173
  • 2007 Toyota Camry
  • automatic

Hello, I own a 07 camry se 4cyl. I am attempting to make a modification to the speedometer. I found an 07 xle 4cyl speedo with the multi info display. I am wondering if it will fit and wire correctly to my current wiring. Also would the multi info display work? Will the ecu put my mileage on the new speedo for me? I am going to order the some steering wheel control buttons from an 07 solara which include a display button. I figure they will work because the solara has the same 3 spoke wheel as my camry. I found some steering controls that also have the bluetooth buttons because my camry already has them as well. Would the solara steering buttons work with my wheel? Also would the display button work correctly with my new speedometer? Thank you for your help.

Thursday, February 27th, 2014 AT 11:22 AM

• KHLow2008

The mileage is stored in the meter cluster so it would not be updated when a re[placement is made. As to if it works, you need to check the wiring circuit. There are too many different models therefore we have no idea if this particular one would work for your vehicle.

For the steering controls, if they are similar, it should not be a problem.

Thursday, February 27th, 2014 AT 11:53 AM
  • cwerth173

Thank you very much for your quick response. I just have one last question. Should I take the speedometer to my local dealership so they can program the new speedometer (if it fits correctly) to the correct mileage?

Thursday, February 27th, 2014 AT 12:30 PM
  • KHLow2008

Yes, that would be the best way to go about.

Thursday, February 27th, 2014 AT 12:34 PM
  • cwerth173

Thank you very much for you quick responses and great information. This will really save me some time and mistakes! Thank you again for your time.

Thursday, February 27th, 2014 AT 12:37 PM
  • KHLow2008

You're welcome.

Thursday, February 27th, 2014 AT 1:22 PM