2007 Toyota Avalon air condition

MIKEDELUCIA1963
  • 2007 TOYOTA AVALON
Passenger side and rear seat air condition wont blow cold but driver side is ice cold
Saturday, August 1st, 2015 AT 12:28 PM

KHLOW2008
Check the air mix control motor.
-2
Sunday, August 2nd, 2015 AT 12:50 AM
2CARPROS MIKE
Mikedelucia1963

Is this problem related to the Climate control unit?
-1
Monday, August 3rd, 2015 AT 12:15 PM
MIKEDELUCIA1963
Where is the air mix motor located
+3
Thursday, August 6th, 2015 AT 7:36 AM
2CARPROS MIKE
The Avalon has three servomotors.

First one is on the passenger's side next to the blower-motor behind the glove compartment.
This servomotor moves the air-flap located near the top of the blower-motor to select between external-fresh-air or recycle-cabin-air.

Second one is just below the dash in the middle behind the digital clock.
This servomotor moves the air-flap located near behind the digital clock to select between blowing air on the windshield or blowing air forward into the cabin.

Third one is the DENSO AX063700-5342 servomotor next to the A/C Evaporator and Heater Core, and near the gas pedal.

This servomotor moves the air-flap located near behind the cigarette lighter to select between air blowing through the A/C Evaporator or air blowing through the heater core.
+4
Thursday, August 6th, 2015 AT 9:55 AM
MIKEDELUCIA1963
So why would this stop cold air flow to passenger or rear side?
It blows fine, it's just only blows cold on the driver side

this 2007 avalon is equipped with dual climate control to have different temps for driver or passenger. Keep in mind controls do seem to work fine?
-1
Thursday, August 6th, 2015 AT 10:08 AM
KHLOW2008
The job of the air mix servomotor is to direct cold or hot air and when it is stuck in the hot position, the temperature of the air coming out would not be cool as it goes past the heater instead of the cooling coil.

For dual climate control this often occurs when the servomotor is bad. If you check for trouble codes, you would most likely come to this fault code.
+5
Monday, August 10th, 2015 AT 6:35 AM
MIKEDELUCIA1963
OKAY, thank you it seems like this is what it must be. I have read other blogs
where it was just the opposite drivers side would not cool and they said it was low on freon and it may have been the servo motor also.

So I guess one last question which of the 3 servo motors would this be related to? I'm guessing the third one?

Thank you very much for your help. Mike
+2
Monday, August 10th, 2015 AT 8:41 AM
KHLOW2008
I would put that as the passenger side servomotor. To be sure, retrieving the trouble code would be the best way to go about.
+4
Monday, August 10th, 2015 AT 9:04 AM