CAR HESITATES AND MAKES NOISE WHEN TURNING LEFT

2007 Suzuki XL7

nlemke

June, 13, 2012 AT 12:46 PM

2007 Suzuki XL7 - Just began hearing "slipping" noise ONLY when turning left, and also a hesitation after turning and accelerating, but also when driving at steady speed

June, 13, 2012 AT 2:01 PM

Is the MIL indicating and have you checked for trouble codes?

I am not sure what slipping noises are you refering to but my guess is a belt noise. For noise diagnosis it is almost impossible to do it over the net as the physical vehicle is not available. You need to be very specific of the noise and its source in order for us to understand an maybe provide any recommendations.

nlemke

June, 18, 2012 AT 5:29 PM

After driving it, mechanic thought CV joints but says they are fine. He said he is baffled and can find nothing wrong, but he is worried about safety if I drive it. Help! Nancy

June, 18, 2012 AT 7:08 PM

If the noise is intermittent, then it is still early to worry. However if the noise is constant, then you must get it checked and rectified. Even with physical vehicle the mechanic is unable to locate the source, how can it be possible that we can do it over the net?

Maybe a change of mechanic is required.

nlemke

June, 18, 2012 AT 7:11 PM

Wow, that was quite a response. Sorry I bothered you. And that I paid money for that very sharp response.

June, 18, 2012 AT 7:23 PM

Sorry if I have offended you.

In my first replay I already stated that for noise diagnostics it is not easy over the net. Even with physical vehicle it is at times not as easy to do it.

You need to locate the source of the noise and description must be as clear as possible as if we are at the vehicle. If one mechanic cannot do it, then you need to try another. The one you are using is not up to the mark if he is baffled.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995