LOW PORT TO RECHARGE AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM

2007 Suzuki Reno

edlott25

July, 9, 2012 AT 1:02 AM

I am trying to locate the correct port to use to recharge my air conditioning system as it is not in the manual.

saturntech9

July, 9, 2012 AT 1:07 AM

The correct port will be the one that has the smaller of the two outside collars on the charge port. Also if you have one of those diy charge hoses it will only fit on the low side which is where you charge it.

edlott25

July, 9, 2012 AT 2:30 AM

Thank you, tried that and it would not take the freon, fan blows hard, but air is warm, any suggestions?

saturntech9

July, 9, 2012 AT 5:50 AM

Was the system empty when you started charging it?

edlott25

July, 10, 2012 AT 3:24 AM

No, it would not take any freon, so guessing it was not empty.

saturntech9

July, 10, 2012 AT 4:16 PM

You always take a pressure reading before doing any charging etc. You have to check the high and low pressures both the tv comercials and auto parts stores have thinking buy this can of charge and it will solve all your problems. But you have variables is the system actually low on charge?Or is it a pressure issue wiring issue high low pressure switch issue. Does it have a leak?If I put a can in is it now over charged and still wont work properly?The only way to tell how much is in the system is to have it recovered by a ac machine and the charge is weighed by the machine.A pressure reading doesnt tell you when its full I know it says it on the diyer charge hose gauges but its not dead on.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace