Car remote not working

DEELAWOR
  • 2007 PROTON GEN-2

My car's remote does not work even with a new battery.
It switches on, but it does not release the locks.

Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 AT 2:21 PM

KHLOW2008

The remote is probably bad. You will need a new remote and to program it. The instructions are below.

+1
Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 AT 2:34 PM
DEELAWOR

How do I check that?
My spare remote works normally.

+1
Wednesday, September 26th, 2012 AT 10:53 AM
KHLOW2008

If the spare fob works you need to check the fob that is not working, it might need reprogramming.

+4
Wednesday, September 26th, 2012 AT 1:18 PM
DEELAWOR

How do I reprogram my fob?

+6
Thursday, September 27th, 2012 AT 5:44 AM
CAPTAIN PROTON

How to program savvy keys.

[1] Turn ignition to the "on" position.

[2] Hold reset button [white dot one on the switch cluster ] in on the dash and keep it depressed.

[3] Turn ignition to "off" and remove the key. [Still holding in that button]

[4] Reinsert key and turn ignition to on. [Still holding in that button ]

[5] Now release the reset button on the dash.

[6] Press either the lock or unlock button on the fob while its still in the ignition lock.

[7]You will hear a Beep and the red immobilizer LED light flashes and the doors will lock.

[8] Now with the second key fob press a button and [beep/flash/doors lock.

[9] Switch ignition to off.

+10
Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 12:24 PM
CAPTAIN PROTON

The above is for the savvy and the Gen2 and Neo it uses the same procedure.

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 12:26 PM
KHLOW2008

Thanks Captain Proton. It is good know who to look for when I have any questions on Protons.

+2
Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 AT 1:06 PM
CAPTAIN PROTON

There is plenty even I do not know. Proton does not really share information with the buyers of their cars. If your looking for a workshop manual then you can get one here.

http://e-bookmanual.com/productsproton.html

Not long released for the gen2 and savvy..

Lots of information to be had if if you join. www.protonownerclub.co.uk

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 AT 2:58 PM
KHLOW2008

At least you have more information than me. It is true Proton does not share their information. I am from where the car is manufactured and I am still having problems getting information.

Thanks again.

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 AT 3:17 PM
WICKUM

I have a Proton Wira Aeroback 2001 - 4G15 engine and both of my original remotes are not working.

1. If I buy an aftermarket key less entry system, would it be possible to program those remotes to use with the security system I already have in my car? If so, please let me know how to program them?

2. If I get uncut Waja keys, which has the remote option included, how do I program them to use with the security system I already have in my car?

Saturday, November 7th, 2015 AT 11:45 PM
I.B

Captain Proton,
I have Proton Pesona with a problem with the remote control door lock it is malfunctioning. The front light keep flashing for few time when we press the remote control, but it does not lock.

Please advise on how to fix it?

+1
Friday, March 11th, 2016 AT 5:11 AM
CAPTAIN PROTON

Is this the later Persona [Gen2 with a boot ] or earlier persona like the Wira. If it is the later Persona then there could be a problem with the door lock solenoids, these were prone to sticking Also check the keys for programming they are also prone to loosing their programming.

Friday, March 11th, 2016 AT 5:25 AM
I.B

Persona Fen2 with boot.
Where the solenoid located? It is placed at the driver door?
How could the programming be lost? Short circuit? Is it expensive to reprogram?

Friday, March 11th, 2016 AT 6:00 AM
CAPTAIN PROTON

You will have to remove the door card the solenoid should be located at the lock. The keys are poor quality and the electronics in the key are low grade. Proton must have bought one million of the for ten cents from china. In other words junk. The Savvy and Satria Seo had the same problem with the keys. My youngest boy now opens his with the key instead of pressing the button. He has had to reprogram the keys so many times he has now given up.

Try this

[1] Turn ignition to on position

[3] Turn ignition to off and remove the key. [Still holding in that button]

[6] Press either the lock or unlock button on the fob while its still in the ign lock.

[9] Switch ignition to off.

Make sure the batteries in the keys are good and one key must work so the other key will reprogram. If none of the keys will open the doors when you press the button on the key then you cannot reprogram the other, one key must be working.

Friday, March 11th, 2016 AT 6:24 AM
CHRISTIAN CALIPARI

My 2012 proton S16 key is not locking/unlocking any doors, I've changed the battery and the transmitter is still in the key, any ideas?

-1
Monday, July 25th, 2016 AT 6:58 PM
AZIZ HAMID

There is a small chip within the key casing. If lost/removed, the steering lock couldn't be deactivated. May I know what is it since it stands alone without power supply. I had experience twice when the casing split open dropping it to the floor. Is it preprogram?

Sunday, September 11th, 2016 AT 12:50 AM
ROB PERKINS

Hi Captain Proton

My Proton Savvy 07 remote was getting progressively more difficult to use to unlock the car/turn alarm off and today it completely stopped working. Therefore I changed the battery- still didn't work and then followed your steps to reset the remote. The problem is however that I only have one key/remote. I did get the "beep" after following your instructions on the remove but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Rob

Saturday, September 24th, 2016 AT 9:54 AM
CAPTAIN PROTON

You will need 2 keys to reprogram the one that has lost its programming so that will be why this is not working..I've not been on the proton front now for some time and dont even know if you can get a new key from proton..if your in the UK try maple garages up north that will be your best bet unless you still have a dealer in your area..

http://www.maplegarage.co.uk/

Sunday, September 25th, 2016 AT 3:21 AM
ANDY EVA

Both my keys wont plip unlock my savvy. Any tips please

Wednesday, October 19th, 2016 AT 5:23 PM
ANDY EVA

I'm cant use buttons on my keys to unlock savvy, both have new battery's just purchased car.

Wednesday, October 19th, 2016 AT 5:25 PM