I got a big headache with my proton.
1. I was going on a long journey and the feel lights was on. Came home and pack no problems. However, I started the car and it failed. Took a gallon and put fuel in and it works.
2. On my way to work, the car started loosing power and stopped right on the motorway. I stopped, turned the ignition off, waited for few minutes and tried again and it works fine.
3. A week after, I was driving locally and it stopped and never switched on again. I took it to a local mechanical workshop and he had it for almost 2 years. Falled in love with this car so much, I asked him to check it for me. I reckoned is the fuel pump. He cleaned it and mount full service on it and MOT test and it passed.
4. Went for a long drive with it and had no issues with it till on my way back when England was having its first snow in years and the same problem occurred on the motorway. I counted myself luck because it was about 02:00 in the morning and the snow was topping very bad. Stopped for at least 6 times on the motorway using the off for few minutes and back on.
5. Came on and it stopped completely. A friend on my popped around today and dashed me a new battery and the car started. However, after moving few meters, I loose power again.
The car will drive and the break peddle will become stiff and wheels will start getting stiffer and eventually stop the car.
The electric system on the car is fucked cuz the alarm misbehave occasionally, same with the remote.
Captain: The floor is yours.
It's proton Gen 2 1.6 petrol 2008 and it's 87k mileage.
Love this car so much but couldn't get it running
Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018 AT 11:17 AM