DRIVE LONG DISTANCES THE TEMP LIGHT COMES ON

2007 Proton Gen-2

PHILLIP

December, 20, 2011 AT 12:14 PM

Good day. I have a proton 2007 model bakkie. When I drive long distances the water light comes on. I check the water level and its fine. The electric fan is working good. What can be the problem. When I parked the care and drive short distances everything.

The water cooling light comes on but the water level is fine. The alarm system is disconnected. When I plugged it in and lock the car via central locking it going off. Can their be an electrical problem?

December, 20, 2011 AT 1:53 PM

The warning indicator coming on could be due to a faulty sending unit. Test for overheating, which could be due to bad cooling fans or partially clogged radiator.

The alarm going off could be due to bad door switches or doors out of adjustment.

Check the warning indicator on dash for signs of doors not closed properly.

Turn the dome light to operate when the doors are opened. Close all doors and while seated inside the car, push at each door panel and note if the dome light comes on.

If none, check the hood switch.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet