MY RADIO

2007 Pontiac Torrent

dfitch

November, 7, 2011 AT 5:27 PM

My 6 cd player was running fine then when it tried to switch songs I got a disk error message. Now it will not eject any of the 6 cds even though it sounds like its trying. What can I do?

Jacobandnickolas

November, 7, 2011 AT 5:29 PM

The unit will most likely removed and taken apart to determine what the issue is and remove the CD's.

dfitch

November, 7, 2011 AT 5:32 PM

Can you tell me how to remove it I have been searching all morning and have found nothing on removing the radio. I would have to ask my daughters boyfriend as I have no clue what I am doing

Jacobandnickolas

November, 7, 2011 AT 5:35 PM

You need to remove trim to access the retaining screws. Check to be sure, but I believe most of the trim is clipped or velcroed to the dash. Once it is removed, you will have access to the retaining screws.

dfitch

November, 7, 2011 AT 5:41 PM

Ty very much I will have daughters bf do that tonight and pray I can fix it on our own to get cd's out.

saturntech9

November, 7, 2011 AT 6:01 PM

Just to add to this one before you go pulling the radio lets try a radio reset first. In the inside fuse box pull the fuse labeled rdo its a 15 amp one pull it for ten mins then put it back in see if the radio works. Let me know what you find.

dfitch

November, 7, 2011 AT 6:31 PM

Ok I will do that. Once I can get the damn fuse out its a ****** to pull out : ) will post back and let u know : )

saturntech9

November, 7, 2011 AT 6:39 PM

Alright keep me posted.

dfitch

November, 7, 2011 AT 6:48 PM

It now says no disk loaded.

dfitch

November, 7, 2011 AT 6:55 PM

It will not let me eject disks or anything

saturntech9

November, 7, 2011 AT 7:04 PM

So after the reset the cd player now says there are no cds in it but there are?Sounds like you will have to get the cd player fixed.I dont recommend taking apart the cd player yourself to get the cds out you will most likely do more damage to the cd player taking them out.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe