WATER PUMP SEIZED UP I REPLACED IT

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix

Jlebreton

Water pump seized up, I replaced it. Also changed thermostat, code reader said engine temp sensor, so I replaced that too. Light still on, do I reset it, and how do I do that, oh and still luke warm heat. Very frustrated. Any ideas?

Are there any driveability issues? Will the code reader erase the codes? The code doesn't tell you what to replace, only that the system thinks there is a problem on that circuit. What was the actual code? I guess, I could look it up.

If the problem isn't fixed, can't get rid of mil lamp, it will just come back. I don't recommend taking the negative battery cable loose to get rid of codes. Can cause a whole new set of problems?

Just to add, as far as your heater, do you live in an extremely cold region? Does the engine reach normal operating temp? Are the heater hoses hot?

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML