2007 Pontiac G6 Power Windows won't work

TREDWARDS
  • 2007 PONTIAC G6
First, I noticed the power windows wouldn't work, but after a day or so, they would start again. Then ultimately they quit totally. I first checked the fuse under the dash, which showed to be good so I purchased and installed a new Master switch for the drivers side and this worked for approximately 6 weeks but came to an abrupt halt again. I tried replacing the master switch AND the fuse, but it still doesn't work at all now. Each time it has quit working ALL FOUR windows go out at the same time, even the individual switches on each door won't work, but when the master switch does work, they will ALL work! Any ideas on where I should go from here to diagnose and repair the windows once & for all?
Monday, September 29th, 2014 AT 5:20 PM

SATURNTECH9
It sounds like you have a broken wire to the master switch in the drivers door boot that goes to the door. Sometimes the wire breaks all together or the copper inside the insulation of the wire breaks causing a loss of power to master switch. Which in turn causes the rest of the windows to be inop.
+1
Monday, September 29th, 2014 AT 7:56 PM
TREDWARDS
I understood you until "broken wire to the master switch in the drivers door boot that goes to the door". Where (and what) is the "drivers door boot" & how do I go about repairing it?
One thing I failed to mention in my first note is the fact that all the switches in the master switch, light up at night, as they should, so I know some power is getting to the master switch.
-2
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014 AT 10:44 AM
SATURNTECH9
Those lights on the switches come on when the dash lights and headlights come on?If so there on a different circuit to run those lights verus the power windows. The boot is the rubber boot going from the body of the car to the drivers door. The wires go thru the boot from the car to the door. They can be tricky to repair the bes bet is run a new wire to the switch. Do you have a test light to do some testing?
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014 AT 7:39 PM
TREDWARDS
Yes, I have a test light (now).
Thursday, October 2nd, 2014 AT 3:12 PM
SATURNTECH9
See if you have power to the yellow wire at the master window switch with the key in the run position? If you dont see if the power window fuse 30amp in the right side of the center console and see if the fuse has power to both sides of the fuse with the key in run position.
-1
Thursday, October 2nd, 2014 AT 6:39 PM