P0705 SSANGYONG REXTON

2007 All Other Makes All Other Models

smoken

December, 13, 2011 AT 8:59 PM

My vehicle Ssangyong Rexton doesnt start at wet weather. Usually, I wait till the the vehicle get dry then start it.
I checked DTCs, I got one code P0705 about transmission sensor range.
Actually, I dont know what is that sensor. Could you please help me how can I fix this!

December, 13, 2011 AT 9:09 PM

Try erasing the code and do below

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

smoken

December, 13, 2011 AT 9:19 PM

Sorry I wrote doesnt start instead of doesnt move beside there is no PRNDL indicators on the IC.

December, 13, 2011 AT 9:20 PM

Do what I've suggested

smoken

December, 13, 2011 AT 9:22 PM

What about P0705 Dtc

December, 13, 2011 AT 10:50 PM

The transmission has nothing to do with the starting problem

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang