CAN I HAVE ISOFIX FITTINGS PUT IN MY CAR?

2007 Opel Zafira

Strippy

July, 13, 2012 AT 7:25 AM

I need to fit a third child-seat on the central rear seat (the central seat has both the lap and the shoulder belt). Side seats have isofix and have been used (2 child seats), but in the middle there isn't isofix instalation. Can it be added? How? Is there a standard instalation kit to buy or we would have to make home-made adjustments?
Thanks in advance!

DrCranknWrench

July, 13, 2012 AT 6:15 PM

According to Government stadards you cannot, "Make one at home is illegal. So, I realize you just need a patch but a babies wirth a lifetime and there is no substitute for properly working safety seats.

Strippy

July, 16, 2012 AT 7:04 AM

Safety for my children is my top priority. That's why I would need 3rd isofix fittings. I thought Opel might have a possibility to put it in. I know some other cars (like Ford) have those instalation kits. Tnx anyway.

DrCranknWrench

July, 16, 2012 AT 12:17 PM

You are very welcome. Don't hesitate to get it. I was in a bad car accident over a year ago and the old seat belt stretched to the dash.
I am glad to hear you are getting it fixed and we will be here any time you need any other help.

Take Care

DrC

Strippy

July, 16, 2012 AT 12:28 PM

And now we're back to my first post, where lies my problem: I would like to have 3rd isofix hooks in back row (in the middle). Can it be done? If not, I have problem with fitting 3rd child seat in Zafira. And I have to find a solution in next 6 months (when the baby is comming). Any ideas would be most apreciated.

DrCranknWrench

July, 16, 2012 AT 11:36 PM

Is child facing forward or backwards? It sounds like attaching the bolt to the back seat will be safe as it is proven that safety is higher in rear facing seats.

DrCranknWrench

July, 20, 2012 AT 4:33 AM

I cannot reccomend anything else from here as it would not be original to the car or part of an inspected kit.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon