. I HAVE A NISSAN DUALIS QASHQAI 2.0 LITER. ...

• nyp1973
  • 2007 Nissan

Hi. I have a Nissan Dualis (Qashqai) 2.0 liter. Recently I have a problem with the car where it wouldn't start. Accidentally I discovered that there is pressure in the coolant tank (the one connected to the radiator) and if I release that pressure the car will start and run normally. If I don't release the pressure and I let it accumulate, a few days later the car will not start. Is the pressure in the coolant tank normal and, if yes, what could be the cause of the problem?

Monday, March 4th, 2013 AT 9:55 AM

• KHLow2008

We do not have any information on your vehicle so I do not know the system used but as far as I understand, Nissan do not use the closed system therefor there should be no pressure in the recovery tank.

The other thing is I don't understand why this pressure has anything to do with non starting.

If you can post some picture of the coolant tank and the radiator, I might be able to understand the reason for the pressure accumulating.

Monday, March 4th, 2013 AT 6:29 PM
  • nyp1973

Hi thanks for the reply. I've attached 2 pics for your ease. The reason that I mentioned the pressure is because that's the only logical explanation. If I don't release the pressure every time I stop the car it will go for a maximum of a week and then at some point it won't start.

Thursday, March 7th, 2013 AT 11:08 AM
  • KHLow2008

This is a closed loop system and there would be pressure in system but it should not build up too much. Check the radiator cap and you should try replacing it.

Thursday, March 7th, 2013 AT 12:34 PM
  • nyp1973

Thanks. You suggest to replace the radiator cap but I thought it might be the plastic coolant tank cap that might need replacement. Is any of the two made so they would release some pressure?

Friday, March 8th, 2013 AT 10:01 AM
  • KHLow2008

Sorry, I meant the coolant tank cap. I don't think there is any other radiator cap present in system.
A bad cap can result in excessive pressure in system.

Friday, March 8th, 2013 AT 12:07 PM