. I HAVE A NISSAN DUALIS QASHQAI 2.0 LITER. ...

2007 Nissan

nyp1973

March, 4, 2013 AT 9:55 AM

Hi. I have a Nissan Dualis (Qashqai) 2.0 liter. Recently I have a problem with the car where it wouldn't start. Accidentally I discovered that there is pressure in the coolant tank (the one connected to the radiator) and if I release that pressure the car will start and run normally. If I don't release the pressure and I let it accumulate, a few days later the car will not start. Is the pressure in the coolant tank normal and, if yes, what could be the cause of the problem?

March, 4, 2013 AT 6:29 PM

We do not have any information on your vehicle so I do not know the system used but as far as I understand, Nissan do not use the closed system therefor there should be no pressure in the recovery tank.

The other thing is I don't understand why this pressure has anything to do with non starting.

If you can post some picture of the coolant tank and the radiator, I might be able to understand the reason for the pressure accumulating.

nyp1973

March, 7, 2013 AT 11:08 AM

Hi thanks for the reply. I've attached 2 pics for your ease. The reason that I mentioned the pressure is because that's the only logical explanation. If I don't release the pressure every time I stop the car it will go for a maximum of a week and then at some point it won't start.

March, 7, 2013 AT 12:34 PM

This is a closed loop system and there would be pressure in system but it should not build up too much. Check the radiator cap and you should try replacing it.

nyp1973

March, 8, 2013 AT 10:01 AM

Thanks. You suggest to replace the radiator cap but I thought it might be the plastic coolant tank cap that might need replacement. Is any of the two made so they would release some pressure?

March, 8, 2013 AT 12:07 PM

Sorry, I meant the coolant tank cap. I don't think there is any other radiator cap present in system.
A bad cap can result in excessive pressure in system.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test