LOST POWER AFTER CHANGING BRAKE PADS

2007 Nissan Note

stevenhalkett

Hi

Just changed my front brake pads, now my car seems to have lost power / compression. At first I thought the brakes were jamming on, but it's a Nissan so has squeely brakes and I don't hear anything, also they aren't hot after a bit of a drive. I can get it up to about 45mph in 3rd / 4th but not higher.

It freewheels fine downhill.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that as I started to jack it up for the first side on the wishbone jackpoint, the car slipped. But there's nothing there that I can see for that to have damaged anything, and it was only as I first started to to jack it up, the jack came out from under the car freely.

Any ideas?

Jacobandnickolas

January, 5, 2012 AT 12:46 AM

Other than a loss of power, does the engine seem to run smoothly? Have you checked to make sure no trans lines were pinched when it slipped? Could the vacuum line be off from the booster?

Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front