THE FAN SWITCH CONTROL FOR THE ACHEATER COMES ON...

2007 Nissan Altima

keithjvallely

November, 13, 2012 AT 5:55 PM

The fan switch control for the AC/Heater comes on like clockwork about 20 - 30 minutes after driving the car. I have manual temperature controls and replaced the fan switch control assembly with no luck, the heater fan motor will start after only 15 minutes of driving, sometimes right away. It will run for hours once started and sounds perfect, but if I stop the car for an errand leaving it off for 15 - 20 minutes, it will take 15 - 20 minutes for it to come back on. During the summertime, it is the same pattern with the AC - it will take 5 - 10 minutes for the AC to come on, but winter time seems to take much longer. Please advise. Thanks!

November, 14, 2012 AT 12:45 PM

System is linked to the Body Control Module. Check for trouble codes and if you have a scan tool available, you can test the system.

keithjvallely

November, 21, 2012 AT 4:59 PM

Have no check engine codes do you have a schematic of the Body Control Module as it relates to the AC/Heater Fan?

November, 21, 2012 AT 5:52 PM

These are Body Control Codes and normal code readers would not show you anything. You need a proper scan tool to do it.

Such symptoms do not indicate a fault with wirings so a schematic is not going to help you. You need to be tsting the Body Control Module.

keithjvallely

November, 25, 2012 AT 1:17 AM

So how do I test the BCM?The car just died several times on me like 6 with no check engine or alarms almost like I ran out of fuel but is 3/4 full can the BCM cause this or is it unrelated?

November, 25, 2012 AT 9:47 PM

You would need a scan tool to test the BCM.

You did not mention the engine stalling previously. This can be a fault with the ignition switch, which would casue the symptoms descrined.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro