CLUTCH WENT OUT ON 2007 MERCEDES C230 WITH ONLY 60,000 MILES ON IT. IS THAT COMMON?

• Lumenstar
  • 2007 MERCEDES BENZ C230

I bought my car 1 1/2 years ago at the largest Mercedes dealership in the world. I only had a one year warranty and didn't renew it (my bad). The car started hopping and lunging when it reached about 25 MPH and wouldn't shift up after that. The car was Platinum Certified, which means it was supposed to be up to factory standards when I bought it. I've only put about 1,100 miles on it and have had it serviced at Mercedes regularly. Do I have a lemon?

Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 AT 11:41 PM

• Merlin2021

It could be the person bfore you either drove it hard, or easnt to good with a stick shift.

Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 AT 12:23 AM
  • Lumenstar

Thanks for your reply. But, it doesn't have a stick shift. It's an automatic.

Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 AT 12:49 AM
  • Merlin2021

I dont know why I thought that, yes 60,000 is unusual to lose an automatic, even if it wasnt serviced on schedule. I would talk to the owner of the dealership.

Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 AT 5:15 AM
  • Lumenstar

Thank you! I intend to do that tomorrow. :)

Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 AT 5:18 AM
  • Mhpautos

Just to add to the good advice that Merlin has offered. Do you know if this car was flood affected at all in its life, these transmissions are really very strong, about the only thing that kills them prematurely is abuse, water in oil and wrong oil used.

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 12:17 AM
  • Lumenstar

If it was in a flood, there's no record of it. I'm trading it in for a newer model tomorrow with the same payment and no money down, so the dealership is honoring their word and giving me a good deal. They are in agreement that it shouldn't have happened. Thanks for everyone's support. Being a single woman is a disadvantage when dealing with cars sometimes. It took two weeks to get this resolved!

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 2:29 AM
  • Merlin2021

Glad it worked out for the best

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 2:33 AM