1. Remove engine under cover assembly
2. Remove No. 2 engine under cover
3. Remove propellr w/center bearing shaft assembly.
4. Remove the exhaust pipe assy.
5. Remove rerar drive pinion nut.
A. Using a chisel and a hammer, unstake part of the nut.
B. Using SST(s) to hold the flange, remove the nut. SST 09330-00021 (09330-00030)
6. Remove rear pinion companion flange sub-assembly rear
a. Using SST(s), remove the companion flange. SST 09950-30012 (09951-03010, 09953-03010, 09954-03010, 09955-03030, 09956-03020)
7. Remove rear differential carrier oil seal.
A. Using SST(s), remove the oil seal. SST 09308-10010
1. Install rear differential carrier oil seal.
A. Using SST(s) and a hammer, install a new oil seal. SST 09554-22010
Oil seal drive in depth: 2.0 +- 0.3 mm (0.079 +- 0.012 in.)
b. Apply MP grease to the oil seal lip.
2 Reverse procedure for installation.
Using SST(s) to hold the flange, torque the nut. SST 09330-00021
Torque: 108 N*m (1,100 kgf*cm, 80 ft.*Lbf)
3. Inspect differential drive pinion preload.
A. Using a chisel and hammer, stake the drive pinion nut.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 AT 8:08 PM