I HAVE LOCATED AN AREA WHERE THE COOLANT SPURTS ...

2007 Land Rover Discovery 3

Anonymous

February, 4, 2013 AT 3:32 PM

I have located an area where the coolant spurts out of my landrover discovery 3. After examining everywhere and putting a blue dye into the coolant, just to see, I noticed that when I accelerate, it spurts out of an area near the top of the engine. It looks like maybe a gasget or something?
Any suggestions?

February, 4, 2013 AT 3:54 PM

Without know exactly what is leaking, we are not able to provide much. Whatever that is leaking has to be repaired or parts replaced depending on situiation and this should be done asap to avoid damaging the engine due to overheating.

newbernantiquesshopfitting

February, 4, 2013 AT 4:00 PM

I will send you a photo taken of the area

February, 4, 2013 AT 4:10 PM

That would be great.

newbernantiquesshopfitting

February, 4, 2013 AT 4:28 PM

Hi There,

I have attached 3 photos of the area. You will see in one of them, the water spraying out when accellerating. It is dyed blue so you will see. It appears to be coming from under the furry pipe.

John

February, 4, 2013 AT 4:36 PM

There is a hose under it. Check if it is punctured. Since coolant is shooting out, it should be easy to locate the source.

A pressure test would definitely show the source.

newbernantiquesshopfitting

February, 4, 2013 AT 4:42 PM

Thank You.

I have a Landy Friend who also said that it is likely to be a hose that is punctured. It is fairly easy to access and replace yourself. I am fairly mechanically minded. Fix dirt bikes etc. But landys are a bit more complicated. Just dont want to go to a dealer and spend a fortune?

February, 5, 2013 AT 6:02 PM

From the area that is shooting out coolant, that should not be difficult to access and I believe you can get it done easily. What you need to do now is to locate the cause/source of it to be able to know the work required.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Oil and Filter Replacement BMW M5 2005-2010
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler PT
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front