THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON IN MY INDICATING CAM SENSOR

2007 Kia Spectra

Likis21

May, 5, 2012 AT 2:29 PM

After being hooked up to the computer it says the CAM Sensor needs to be replaced; we had the sensor, timing belt, water pump, all the belts and hoses, and spark plugs replaced. The check engine light is still on and when hooked up to the computer it is still indicating the CAM sensor is faulty.

May, 5, 2012 AT 2:38 PM

What was the exact trouble codes retrieved? Was the wiring for the cam sensor checked?

Likis21

May, 5, 2012 AT 3:03 PM

Yes the wiring was checked and it was fine. We are not sure of the trouble code, but we think it might be 143. When it was checked it came up as CAM sensor and the number was behind it.

May, 5, 2012 AT 8:16 PM

A code number never identifies a bad part, just a failed system. I would stop throwing parts at it and get it checked by a shop for the exact failure. Guessing is expensive and most of the time wrong.

Likis21

May, 6, 2012 AT 2:59 PM

We actually did end up taking it to a KIA dealership. They told us the problem is a roll pin that lines up sprocket is bent. Causing it to be a half tooth out of time. Throwing cam sensor code. Thank you for all the help u provided, it was greatly appreciated.

May, 6, 2012 AT 3:12 PM

Good luck

Likis21

May, 7, 2012 AT 1:07 PM

Thank you

May, 8, 2012 AT 1:09 AM

I see on identifix that this is a common issue. Hope it works out for you.