SQUEKING AROUND SERPENTINE BELT

2007 Kia Optima

kacooper117

September, 7, 2013 AT 4:36 PM

I hear squeaking coming from the serpentine belt area. The power steering pump is on top. So I thought it was that. But not sure. I saw a video that showed the same squeaking but I could see the pulley actually skipping. Mine is not doing that and my power steering seems to work fine (no squeaks when turning). I have tried belt dressing, but that made the noise worse for a bit. I tried oiling the pulleys but that just worked while idling. When I push the accelerator, the squeak comes back. Could it be the water pump or its' pulley? Or could it still be the power steering pump?

Thank you

Jacobandnickolas

September, 7, 2013 AT 6:04 PM

If the noise changes when you put dressing on it, then the belt is the issue and not the pump, water pump. Have you checked the tensioner to see if it is good and keeping the belt tight enough? Also, what is the condition of the belt? Is it dry or cracked?

Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML