BURN OUT

2007 Jeep Liberty

admmeg

December, 6, 2010 AT 1:04 AM

How do I keep my headlights on my jeep liberty from burning out once a week?

hmac300

December, 6, 2010 AT 1:06 AM

Don't buy the chea p chinese bulbs that alot of auto parts stores carry for one. Buy a quality one, if it's delco and made in Mexico it will still be made to delco's specs. Also don't touch the bulb with your hand or fingers, use gloves of some type so the oil on your hands won't touch them. Also check your grounds to the headlights, it's the black wire, make sure they are tight and clean.

mhpautos

December, 6, 2010 AT 1:06 AM

I would be checking the alternator charge rate, I would say that the voltage reg is faulty and the charge rate is sky high causing this problem, do the lights go very bright with higher engine revs?

caradiodoc

December, 6, 2010 AT 1:16 AM

Also be sure there's no water trapped in the housings that can splash onto the bulbs, and the housings are not loose and vibrating.

If you see goldfish swimming in the housings, drill a small drain hole in the bottoms!

And the comment about fingerprint oil is very true. Don't touch the glass.

79 chevy

December, 6, 2010 AT 3:27 AM

DONT TOUCH THE BULB

Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini