2007 Sonata fuel pump

CATHYNEWTON
  • 2007 HYUNDAI SONATA
Is it possible for the modular sensor to short out in the fuel pump of my 2007 Sonata?
Monday, January 10th, 2011 AT 4:27 AM

Do you have a check engine light?
What seems to be the problem?
Let me know for further assistance. Thank you
Monday, January 10th, 2011 AT 4:40 AM
CATHYNEWTON
No check engine light comes on. I have cranking power but no spark to turn the engine over.
Monday, January 10th, 2011 AT 4:47 AM
No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing
Monday, January 10th, 2011 AT 5:11 AM
CATHYNEWTON
So you are telling me that the problem is not in the fuel pump? I had a friend use a code reader to determine the destination of the problem and we kept getting a "map sensor" reading? Can you tell me what that means?
Monday, January 10th, 2011 AT 5:17 AM
No spark has nothing to do with the MAP sensor

To determine if there's a problem with the fuel pump-check the fuel pressure with gauge to rule it out

The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor measures intake vacuum, which the PCM also uses to determine engine load. The MAP sensor's input affects ignition timing primarily, but also fuel delivery.
Monday, January 10th, 2011 AT 6:05 AM
CATHYNEWTON
A mechanic is going to charge me over $600.00. Saying that the modular sensor shorted out and needs replaced. Do you think that this diagnosis sounds legitt? I think that he is not being honest with me.
-1
Monday, January 10th, 2011 AT 10:35 PM