AIRBAG LIGHT ON DASH ON

2007 Hyundai Accent

fm5909

July, 25, 2011 AT 11:34 PM

Just bought a 2007 Hyundai accent coupe and the airbag light on the dash is on. Where do I start?

saturntech9

July, 25, 2011 AT 11:58 PM

You would have to get it scanned for air bag codes the light being on means the air bag system has been disabled. Also see if the air bag fuse is good or even there someone could have removed it to disable the air bag system. Also the air bag repair takes special tools a scanner that reads air bag codes and live air bag data and also resistance modules to take the place of say a air bag etc. Also the knowledge to safely work on and trouble shoot the air bag system I would its est left up to a pro.

PROTECH1980

July, 26, 2011 AT 12:01 AM

You will have to get the car scanned with a scanner capable of scanning the air bag system, then get the codes to get a starting point for diagnoses. Your average code reader will not do, it will have to be a factory tool, snap on scanner, or similar with the right software.

fm5909

July, 26, 2011 AT 12:21 AM

The fuses are in there and there good can you tell me where the sensors are located is there a main one?

PROTECH1980

July, 26, 2011 AT 12:54 AM

Thats why the best route is to have it scanned for air bag codes, there are alot of components that make up an air bag system, with the code/s you have a starting point for diagnoses, without the codes it is just guessing.