Power window problem

TNGUYENWA
  • 2007 HONDA ODYSSEY
I have a 2007 Odyssey. The driver window works fine. All the other 3 windows will not roll down with either the driver side control or the passenger control. The child lock is not on and seems to work. I can hear a click when the child safety is off but the window does not roll. The fuses are fine. Any help? Thanks.
Friday, July 29th, 2011 AT 6:11 AM

KEN
Hello TNGUYENWA,

This sounds like a classic main window switch problem, what happens is the switch contacts become dirty and short not allowing power to get to the other windows. Here is a guide and diagrams will help you fix the problem. The controls (power) run through the main switch to feed the other windows this why the other windows dont work. Here is a guide to help you test for the problem and the wiring diagrams below so you can see how the system works.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/electric-window-repair

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
+8
Wednesday, December 14th, 2016 AT 3:07 PM
GLP
  • 2003 HONDA ODYSSEY
When trying to roll the passenger side window down from the driver side it won't go down, but it will go up, and it goes up and down when using the passenger side switch.

After studying the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual I did some voltage checks. I checked the voltage in the wires that plug into the passenger side window switch. The wires seem to be getting the proper voltage (DOWN circuit got 11.7 V when rolling the window down, UP circuit got 11.7 V when rolling window up.)

When checking the same wires while using the switch on the driver side, I got the correct voltage when rolling UP but got zero voltage when rolling DOWN. It seems like the down circuit is broken but I can't tell where. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, this problem happened when I replaced the passenger window motor/regulator (cable was broke). There are two 6-pin connectors in the door and I accidently switched them when plugging them back in. I should have paid more attention to which one went where. Anyway, when I connected the battery up I smelled an electrical burning odor for a minute or so. Nothing worked, so I did some troubleshooting and figured out the connectors were plugged in wrong, switched them back and everything worked fine except the problem I describe above.
+3
Monday, March 11th, 2019 AT 5:11 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Hi GLP,

Symptoms indicates a faulty master switch or passenger side switch.

Here are procedures for testing the passenger switch.

PASSENGER'S WINDOW SWITCH TEST

1. Check for continuity between the terminals in each switch position according to the table.

2. If the continuity is not as specified, replace the switch.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PassengerWindowSwitch03OdysseyFig41_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PassengerWindowSwitch03OdysseyFig42_1.jpg

If the switch is ok, then you would have to test the driver door control unit.
-1
GLP
Thanks for the help. I tested the passenger switch for continuity and it failed. I am going to replace the switch, then I will post the results.
+1
KHLOW2008
Glad to know you have some results.

Keep me updated.

Have a nice ay.
-1
GLP
I replaced the passenger switch and it wasn't the problem. By the way, I tested the old one for continuity as follows: I checked for continuity between the terminal numbers listed in the table that are connected by a line. I did it assuming both the bracketed numbers and non-bracketed numbers and it failed both ways. It failed multiple continuity checks for all 3 positions.

Is there anything else I can test? The next component on the wiring diagram is the Passenger Multiplex Unit. I know it could also be the master switch.
+2
Monday, March 11th, 2019 AT 5:12 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Your model is 03 so you should used the bracketted numbers instead.

UP = terminal 2 and 4 should have continuity but isolated from 1, 3 5, 6, which are all connected.

OFF = Only terminal 4 has no continuity in the circuit.

DOWN = Terminal 4 and 6 are connected.

Since the passenger switch did not solve the problem, I would suspect the master switch to be more likely to be the cause. If it is the Multiplex control system, most probably you would not be able to control the passenger door at all from the drive master switch.

Master switch testing procedures are not found in our database so most probably you would need to get a substitute master switch to test.

You can try getting the part from a junk yard to reduce cost.
+1
JDCYCLONE
  • 2006 HONDA ODYSSEY
The only power window that will open using the master switch is the drivers window. When I try to open any of the other windows using the master switch I just get a single click sound from the window I try to open. I was told that it was probably a bad master switch, so I bought a used one off of Ebay, but now I can't figure out how to get the old one out. I want to be careful not to make my van look like crap, so I figured I'd come here and get some advice on how to get it off. Thanks!
+1
KHLOW2008
Hi jdcyclone,

Did you check if the master disabling switch had been turned off preventing the other windows from being operated?

Did you try to work the other windows from their respective switches?

You would need to remove the driver door panel to replace the master switch.
+1
GLP
I replaced the master switch and that didn't solve the problem. With a new master switch and passenger switch installed, the passenger window still won't roll down from the driver side. Do you have any other suggestions?
KHLOW2008
Are both replaced switches new or used? I would not rule out the possibility of any of them being faulty.

I have emailled some diagnostic files to you. Go through them and see if you can come up with anything. If you do not receive the files, please let me know.
KHLOW2008
I have resent the updated files and if you have any questions, please post reply here.
GLP
I can now view all the Figures in PWCUTest03Odyssey. Pdf. I still cannot view the Figures in PWCUInputTest03Odysey. Pdf. Maybe that file didn't get updated.

KHLOW2008
Sorry for the error, I got the files mixed up and sent you the wrong file.

The file have been sent again. Hope it works correctly.

Have a nice day.
SNTS545
  • 2004 HONDA ODYSSEY
2004 Honda Odyssey 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My window regulator went out a couple weeks ago, an I had to replace it but after everything was done and plugged in the window would only roll up but not down. I think it might be the wiring but not sure.
FRIENDSAUTO
I am having the EXACT same problem. Please let me know the result of your Honda.
If anyone else know please let me know?
KHLOW2008
Hi Snts545,

More likely to be the switch rather than anything else as the window can move in one direction but not the other.

Which window is it that is malfunctioning?
+1
GLP
I was not able to fix the window. The passenger side window will not roll down from the driver side switch. I replaced the driver and passenger side window switches and neither of those fixed the problem. I am out of ideas for now, but I still want to fix it. Let me know if you find a solution.
SNTS545
Its the passenger side window, and it wont roll down with either switch.

+2
KHLOW2008
Hi GLP,

Sorry to know you have not fixed the problem yet.

Did you perform the test on the PWCTU and inpout test?

Did you test the replacement switch?
I would be digging more into this to get to the bottom of it.