POWER STEERING IS HARD AFTER ADDING FLIUD

2007 GMC Acadia

Go Hard

April, 5, 2012 AT 12:11 AM

The was some noise before adding the fluid, after adding fluid noise went away and everything was good for about 3 days. Now the steering is hard when turning, what could the problem be? The service power steering is on too.

saturntech9

April, 5, 2012 AT 12:21 AM

You did add the correct fluid type?Also was the fluid level low when the you added the fluid?I have seen some power steering pump issues on those. You will also have to have it scanned for codes since the light is on. Let me know what the exact code nunbers are.

April, 5, 2012 AT 12:22 AM

Scan the computer for code/s and also bleed the power steering pump and also check the rack and pinion

saturntech9

April, 5, 2012 AT 12:29 AM

I doubt it took 3 days to show symptoms from air when the steering was fine 3 days.I would check codes and to tell if its a bad pump or rack you will need to hook up a power steering pressure tester at the very least.

Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX