IS THERE A WAY I COULD ADD AN ALTERNATIVE POWER SOURCE IN ORDER TO GET MY HOOD TO OPEN?

• vasti
  • 2007 Ford Ranger

My 2007 Ford Ranger Super Cab xlt 2500 tdi hood latch only works if the vehicle is switched on. I disconnected my battery and closed the hood, now I cannot re-open the hood to reconnect my battery. I cant start my car and my window is left open. Is there a way I could add an alternative power source in order to get my hood to open?

Tuesday, June 19th, 2012 AT 7:53 AM

• Wrenchtech

I don't know what you could be referring to but there is nothing electrical associated with the hood release unless you added it. It opens with a mechanical cable from the inside.

Tuesday, June 19th, 2012 AT 9:59 AM
  • vasti

I bought the car second-hand, so I will have to phone the previous owner. Is there any possible solution to my predicament?

Tuesday, June 19th, 2012 AT 10:03 AM
  • Wrenchtech

I have no idea what your predicament even is. There is nothing electrical associated with the hood release as I already stated. If the cable is broken or disconnected, then you will somehow have to access the latch to release it which won't be easy.

Tuesday, June 19th, 2012 AT 10:07 AM
  • vasti

It is not broken, the hood latch only opens the hood when the key is in the ignition and the vehicle is turned on.

-1
Tuesday, June 19th, 2012 AT 10:11 AM