I HAVE A 2007 MUSTANG GT THAT HAD A PROBLEM WITH...

2007 Ford Mustang

theboz

December, 20, 2012 AT 6:07 PM

I have a 2007 Mustang GT that had a problem with surging followed by a low idle. After I replaced the battery it refuses to idle at all. Anybody know what would cause this?

DrCranknWrench

December, 20, 2012 AT 6:22 PM

It sounds like you have 2 problems going on here. First the Idle Air Control Valve , IACV, has failed or needs cleaning. It is located on the intake manifold near the throttle body. Second, when you install a new battery sometimes it takes a little coercing to get things to isle correctly. This walk through will explain. Just folow link below to get to it;

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-stalls-idles-too-high-low-after-dead-or-replaced-battery

If you decide to clean the IACV then make sure to use brake cleaner and spray inwards towards the intake tract and clean the ports on the intake manifold as wel in the same fashion. This keeps deposits from being pushed closer to the IACV.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars