HOW DO I REPLACE A CAMSHAFT ADJUSTER SENSOR.

2007 Dodge Sprinter

big bruiser

2007 dodge sprinter 3.5 gas engine, Where is it located exactly? Can I get a diagram and details. My sprinter has check engine light with code p0014/p0015 which from my understanding is a camshaft adjuster sensor (retard) I currently am unemployed and try to do all repairs and maintenance myself ( if doable)
I would like to know if I can get a diagram, or exact location of this sensor, and specific details step by step of what I need to do to replace it.

Thank you

fixitmr

My source is not showing any adjuster for that motor.

fixitmr

That vehicle needs special scanner to accurately retrieve codes.

big bruiser

I had 3 seperate mechanics check it, and all 3 said the same thing, that it is a camshaft sensor.

fixitmr

Ok, did some more digging, it does have variable cam. Now i'll see if I can find anything on sensor.

fixitmr

January, 4, 2012 AT 7:18 AM

What they failed to say is whether it is exhaust or intake valve cam sensor.

fixitmr

January, 4, 2012 AT 7:43 AM

And you pickd the wrong year to own this combo. The price of eailer and later models is DIRT compared to yours.

big bruiser

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't know what kind of experts you all are, I have a chilton service manual, and even in this book it shows and discusses about a camshaft position senssor. So again I do not know where you all are telling me all of this. Not satisfied at all.

fixitmr

January, 5, 2012 AT 8:16 AM

Here are some diagrams.

fixitmr

January, 5, 2012 AT 8:27 AM

There are 4 sensors 2 per end of each head. They are held in by 1 bolt quite easy to remove.

big bruiser

Thank you for the diagram, however is there a website I can go to, to look at a larger clearer (more specific) picture?

Step by Step Camshaft Replacement Guide
Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars