THREE DIFFERENT THINGS TO ASK ABOUT1

2007 Dodge Nitro

Anonymous

March, 7, 2013 AT 12:06 AM

Three different things to ask about:

1. Twice in the last few days my wife has walked out to the Nitro and says she hears what sounds like a fan running on the front end of the vehicle. She then presses the unlock button on our remote and the vehicle does not unlock, but makes a noise like it wants to but can't. She ends up having to unlock the car vehicle manually with the key. She starts the vehicle and the fan noise stops. She has only had issues with unlocking the vehicle when she hears the fan noise as well.

2. The Electronic Throttle Control light is on on the dash. The vehicle still runs and drives fine with no odd deviations.

3. The Malfunction Indicator Light is on on the dash. The vehicle still runs and drives fine with no odd deviations.

I am thinking it could be a sensor flairing up or 2 and 3. But I have no idea where to even start. Please help! Thanks.

March, 7, 2013 AT 1:31 AM

The body control module may be commanding the fan on when idle and the unlock and lock system is also controls this system

the fly by wire has a fault. It is either the throttle body or pedal sensor has failed.

Get it checked to verify which part has failed or get us the code.

ciprimm23

March, 7, 2013 AT 2:00 AM

So are all of these issues cause by the same source? Ill try to get you the codes ASAP.

March, 7, 2013 AT 2:01 AM

Fan running is from bcm, the rest are the fly by wire system

ciprimm23

March, 7, 2013 AT 2:31 AM

This is all foreign to me, From what it seems though, the possible problems that you've suggested are just unplugging the bad sensor and plugging in the new correct? Similar to a relay.

March, 7, 2013 AT 2:36 AM

No, the part that has failed needs to be determined, then replaced. There are 2 possibilities for the check engine light each of which is over 500. Guessing is expensive and most of the time wrong. Thats why I need the code.

As far as the bcm, you need a shop to acess the info to determine if that is the failure or if it is a control issue