RECENTLY DEVELOPED AN EXTREMELY ROUGH IDLE

• mcarloswells
  • 2007 Dodge Charger

I have a 2007 Dodge Charger 2.7 V6. It recently developed an extremely rough idle. When the engine is cold, the engine seems to run and idle fine. Once the car is warm the whole car shakes at idle. I have replaced the spark plugs thinking that it was a problem.

Changed spark plugs. Cleaned air filter. Seems to have had a slight misfire when idling before this issue. Now entire car shakes when the engine is warm.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 10:07 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Check the coil boots for arcing. The coils themselves may be bad. Is the check engine light on?

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 10:25 PM
  • mcarloswells

Yes. Check engine light turned on instantly with the rough idle. All boots looked fine except one that looked like a brownish burnt color unlike the other which were gray rubber.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 10:33 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Get the code checked and get back to us.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 10:34 PM
  • mcarloswells

I am working on getting the code checked. Should have a code for you in about an hour. Thanks for the help!

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 10:36 PM
  • mcarloswells

So I ran a test. It gave me the following code.

P0202 Injector Circuit / Open-Cylinder 2

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 10:52 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Ok, you need to check the wiring to the injector, along the intake for any breaks or grounds. You need to ohm out the injector as well. Check for 12 volts at the connector with the key in the on position.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 10:55 PM
  • mcarloswells

So the injector seems to be getting the right amount of voltage to it. However, when I start the engine and unplug the injector in cylinder #2, there is no change to the engine idle. If I unplug, number 4 next to it, the engine idle changes dramatically. Like I said though, #2 seems to be drawing the same amount of voltage as the others. Bad injector?

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 8:58 PM
  • mcarloswells

Ok, scratch that last one. Injector on cylinder number 2 seems to give the engine a rough idle when unplugged when engine is not up to temp. Once at temp, does not make a difference? Throttle positon sensor?

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 9:45 PM
  • Joseoso1982

Do you fix the probleme of you charger? I got the same probleme with mi charger to, please let me know how you fix you car, thank you

Sunday, November 1st, 2015 AT 6:30 PM