DAIHUTSI DIRION BRAKE PADS

2007 Daihatsu Sirion

ronmontag

December, 1, 2010 AT 9:18 AM

How do I know when to replace the brake pads on a Daihutsu Sirion 2007? Is there a signal on the dashboad that indicates this, can I visually take a look, or can only a mechanic tell me this?

December, 1, 2010 AT 12:37 PM

There are no dash indicators but the brake pads would have a wear indicator which would produce a screeching noise when it comes into contact with the rotor when pads wear off.

Visual inspaection is the only way and it can be done easily. A torchlight would make inspection easier. Note the amount of pads left and if it seems rather thin, it is time to have it replaced.

ronmontag

December, 1, 2010 AT 12:47 PM

Thank you for the quick reply. Will I be hearing the schreeching sound constantly while driving, while breaking or only when I start up the car and start to drive? The situation right now is that I am hearing a schreeching sound (only sometimes) that lasts for 3-5 seconds when I start driving.

One more thing, when I check with the torchlight is it for the front pads or back pads

December, 1, 2010 AT 1:01 PM

Symptoms indicates the front pads should be due for replacement.

When reversing slowly, the noise should screech louder than when moving forward. That is an indication the pad wear indicator is brushing against the rotor.

Noise can be intermittent and does not require the brakes to be applied. It might disappear momentarily when brakes are applied.

If the rear brakes are disc, checking with the torchlight applies for both front and rear.

ronmontag

December, 1, 2010 AT 1:07 PM

Thanks again for the quick reply. I'll go to the mechanic tommorrow, and he'll check it out. Too bad it is so exepnsive in Israel to replace the pads (160$-200$).

December, 1, 2010 AT 2:22 PM

That should be the going rate almsot everywhere.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front