NO CLUE TO THE NAME OF THIS PART

2007 Chrysler Town and Country

chrisdavis

November, 3, 2012 AT 7:29 PM

No clue to the name of this part. It is where the water pump and its pulley connect as well as the water inlet tube. Appears the nipple that was part of this is broken and the hose is no longer attached and the coolant/water is running out of this. I need to know the name of the part and then go from there.

November, 3, 2012 AT 7:33 PM

Go to dealer parts and have them show you a picture. It may be part of the timing cover or it may be just the pipe from the housing to the lower hose to rad

chrisdavis

November, 3, 2012 AT 8:31 PM

Issue is no dealer service center near me is open nor do I have a way to get there right now. Wife at work until this evening so hoping to have name of part so I can price and check availability at local auto parts store.

November, 3, 2012 AT 8:35 PM

Even if it is the pipe or housing, I doubt the parts store carry these. These are dealer parts.

chrisdavis

November, 3, 2012 AT 10:30 PM

This is what I think is the timing cover.

November, 4, 2012 AT 1:01 AM

I believe you are correct

chrisdavis

November, 4, 2012 AT 7:12 PM

Thanks Roy. Any chance this can be repaired or is a new timing cover needed? This a simple enough repair for a do it your selfer or a pro needed? Trying to decide if it is worth the repair at this point, if the car is worth that much in repairs. I was told that is a $1000 part, so throw in potential labor and I am not sure I want to spend that.

chrisdavis

November, 4, 2012 AT 7:27 PM

Last question, I am looking or attempting to look up this part. When I look up timing cover it does not look like the failed part. But reading about the coolant system, it is the part the water pump fills with liquid and connects to the hose that sends coolant to the engine. From the images I found on timing covers, this is not it. I am still really lost on WHAT this part is called. I need a really detailed diagram of my vans coolant system and engine system.

chrisdavis

November, 4, 2012 AT 8:19 PM

OK, just watched a youtube video on the same engine as I have, and the mechanic called the part the water pump housing. Of course I can't get an image of it, but I am sure that is the culprit. Now the question is how difficult is it to get tis part and how difficult to replace it. Any advice Roy?

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500