I HAVE A 2007 PT CRUSIER

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser

nathan f

February, 24, 2013 AT 7:28 PM

I have a 2007 pt crusier.2.4 engine. It is leaking oil.I have taken the head off took it to a machine shopthey checked it out and said it was fine. Put it back on, pouring oil on the road not idling. Took it back off put another head gasket on it. And it is still doing same thing. Leaking at back of the engine some where. Doesn, t do it sitting still. Only does it on the road or aload. Can you give me any free advice.

February, 24, 2013 AT 7:47 PM

I would start with putting in a dye in the oil and using ultrviolet light to pinpoint the leak.

nathan f

February, 24, 2013 AT 8:00 PM

We took the head to the machine shop and they said it was ok. Then we look the type of level you go across the head and the bock to see if it is level and it is. Dosen, t leak not one drop sitting there idling. But when you put aload on it it pours oil out the back. This is the2nd time I have had it off.

nathan f

February, 24, 2013 AT 8:02 PM

Sorry I missed spelled so many words. Never was good at typing.

nathan f

February, 24, 2013 AT 10:04 PM

I don, t know if where the leak is coming from, all I know it coming from back of engine pouring out. Only does it when you put it on the road and it slings it out. Not sitting there idiling.

February, 24, 2013 AT 10:06 PM

Use the dye

nathan f

February, 24, 2013 AT 11:41 PM

The air line to the brake booster is getting oil inside line. Can that be where the problem is or is still the engine.

February, 25, 2013 AT 12:11 AM

That may be rings from blow by. You had the ehad done so the old rings will have to wear into the head

nathan f

February, 25, 2013 AT 1:15 AM

What orings are you applying too.I didn, t touch the bottom. Only took head off and put back on, put new oil sending unit while I had it tore down.

February, 25, 2013 AT 10:02 AM

Piston rings. Are what I was referring to

nathan f

February, 25, 2013 AT 2:53 PM

Can a rear main crankshaft seal cause it also.

Air Filter Replacement Jeep Wrangler
Air Filter Replacement
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze