CHARCAOL CANISTER

• j&s
  • 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Replaceing charcoal canister and pump can I replace it my self and do auto parts store have it or is it a dealer item only dealer said thats what it needed to turn of check engine light they said for them to do it the cost would be $1100.00 if this is true I wll never buy another one made by chy or dodge I may trade it in tommorow

Sunday, April 29th, 2012 AT 4:00 AM

• saturntech9

Iam sure you can find the charcoal canister online or at the dealer I doubt they will have that at the auto parts store. Which pump are we talking about here?

Sunday, April 29th, 2012 AT 4:21 AM
  • j&s

They said thre was a vapor pump I guess that goes with this canister or maybe there trying to rip me off this car has been to the shop at ragland cryslier about 8 time with ac problems theres a large pop when it is turned on the ac was why its was there this time while takeing it about 1 mile to the dealer again the check engine light came on and that what they said iit was

Sunday, April 29th, 2012 AT 5:18 AM
  • saturntech9

I found the charcoal canister for 64 on www. Rockauto. Com I posted a pic of the charcoal canister and a number key showing you where its located.I also posted how to replace it.I havent found a vapor pump yet on that car. Can you get me the exact code numbers its setting?That would really help it will be a P followed by a four digit number.

Sunday, April 29th, 2012 AT 5:43 AM
  • saturntech9

Sorry here is the rest of the info.

Sunday, April 29th, 2012 AT 5:45 AM
  • saturntech9

I found the fuel vapor detection pump on www. Rockauto. Com for 26.

Sunday, April 29th, 2012 AT 6:26 AM
  • saturntech9

Its number 5 in the diagram I posted its right next to the charcoal canister.

Sunday, April 29th, 2012 AT 6:28 AM
  • j&s

I was not going to give them 1000 dollars to fix it so I traded the junker off bought a new 2012 ford fusion im not going to be dollared to death by them I will just buy a new car as I did but no cryslers for me good day thanks for your help

Friday, May 4th, 2012 AT 4:14 AM
  • saturntech9

Your welcome thats what were here for. The parts were cheap I would have fixed it myself but hope you enjoy your new car.

Friday, May 4th, 2012 AT 12:01 PM