BACK HATCH ON A

2007 Chrysler Aspen

tcannon

March, 10, 2011 AT 10:16 PM

The back hatch on the truck wont stay up can u tell me he problem or how to get it fixed

caradiodoc

March, 10, 2011 AT 10:31 PM

Replace the props. It's always best to replace both at the same time so they lift evenly.

tcannon

March, 10, 2011 AT 10:36 PM

Ok thanks is that the name of the pairs

caradiodoc

March, 10, 2011 AT 11:03 PM

I looked at www.rockauto.com and found this link. The spacing isn't working properly right now so I can't start a new paragraph. I'll paste the link at the end. They call it a "lift support". At the dealership we called them liftgate props. Keep in mind they'll probably cost more locally. Rock Auto is a discount warehouse with a very good reputation from what I've heard, but I think you'll also have to pay shipping. I never ordered from them yet but I have friends who have and they have always been happy. I'm not promoting them. I just like to use their photos so it's proper to give them credit. Hold the gate up with a 2x4 or a helper because it is real heavy. There should be a lock nut on each of the four mounting bolts. Be sure those are tight when you're done. If they work loose the bolt will flex and the sheet metal will crack around that nut. Here's the link to the part:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1434137,parttype,1404

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy