WHERE IS THE OIL FILTER LOCATED AND HOW DO I ...

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

mustangxxx

October, 20, 2012 AT 9:10 PM

Where is the oil filter located and how do I install I bought the new filter and it is not a traditional oil filter it is different than normal filters is it right in front of the oil pan and has a rubber sheathing?

October, 20, 2012 AT 9:30 PM

I'd have to look for it myself. I found this picture. I'm used to oil filters going down, not up. You can use a filter wrench on it or 32mm/1 1/4 inch socket. 18 ft lbs is max on tight.

October, 20, 2012 AT 9:45 PM

Just to add, I believe the arrow is pointing to the drive-belt end of the engine, not the front of vehicle. Oh well, If I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time.

mustangxxx

October, 20, 2012 AT 10:02 PM

Thank you for your response but the oil filter is nmot a normal filter that you just scre on and off this one looks like an round air filter that has to go into something

saturntech9

October, 20, 2012 AT 10:52 PM

Just to add to this one its to the right of the intake the snaps into oil filter cap.

October, 21, 2012 AT 4:06 PM

Yes, I understand. The filter probably fits the cap in the picture. Here is what the cap looks like.

October, 21, 2012 AT 4:07 PM

Thanks saturntech9, I didn't exactly know where it was located. Have a good day.

saturntech9

October, 23, 2012 AT 3:25 AM

You two my friend take care.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue