COMPRESSOR IS NOT ENGAGING WHEN TURNED ON

• Asventu
  • 2007 CHEVROLET CAPRICE

Chevrolet caprice 2007.140065km. DTC P0532.A/c refrigerant pressure sensor circuit low. I changed the pressure sensor s.W. With a new one. Recover the refrigerant, purged the system and charged it with refrigerant up to 70 psi. Start the car, turn on a/c still a/c compressor not wrking. No current going to a/c compressor. All fuses and relays are ok.I checked the socket connector terminal pins are clean.

Monday, March 5th, 2012 AT 5:04 AM

• Rasmataz

What are the low and high side pressure readings?

Monday, March 5th, 2012 AT 11:53 AM
  • Asventu

Sir, the low side pressure reading is 70 psi. And the high side reading is 40 psi.I changed the pressure switch mounted on high side hose.I put a jumper connection on positive side of a/c compressor terminal connector directly connected to positive post of battery and start the engine, the compressor wrking. The lowside pressure goes down to 15 psi the highside pressure goes up to 100 psi. When I removed the jumper connection with engine still running I turn on the a/c switch compressor not working. No current going to a/c compressor.

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 AT 4:53 AM
  • Rasmataz

Check the low pressure switch

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 AT 9:17 PM