SHUDDERS ON ACCELERATION EASILY FELT ESPECIALLY ...

• makmal1064
  • 2007 BMW 525xi

Shudders on acceleration, easily felt especially uphills in the acceleration pedal. Tried spark plugs, ignition coil, fuel line cleaners, front cv axle change to no avail. Car will not throw any codes or faults. When the car is cold for the first 10mins, it does not happen. Please help.

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013 AT 5:02 PM

• Dr. Hagerty

Center support bearing carrier for the driveshaft should be inspected straightaway

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013 AT 10:13 PM
  • makmal1064

The guibo disc and driveshaft carrier mount had been previously checked

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013 AT 10:24 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

Was the driveshaft removed and inspected, if there is a worn universal coupling, that can be a source of vibration.

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013 AT 10:38 PM
  • makmal1064

Thanks Dr Hagerty. I will get it checked out. If you think of anything else please let me know. I wasted a lot of money and still not resolve the problem. Thanx
Matt
makmal1064@aol. Com

Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 AT 12:19 AM
  • Dr. Hagerty

Matt, I wish I could experience the issue first hand as it can be tough to interpret the source of the problem from my seat in front of the computer

Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 AT 6:14 AM
  • makmal1064

Dr. Hagerty, I too wish you could experience it first hand. I have taken it to 5 mechanics, 3 of them transmission specialists including aamco. One said a transmission rebuild (internal transmission leak likely), aamco said maybe the transmission but not sure, and the other said definitely not the transmission because the car would go into limp mode because of the mechatronics. So, I'll keep hoping the problem shows up, and get the driveshaft carrier checked again. Thanks.

Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 AT 4:20 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

I got your note and I am right there with you mate, lets create the future with a positive outcome for this issue. Maybe a phone conversation?

Saturday, January 5th, 2013 AT 4:54 PM