MY CAR IS LEAKING OIL

2006 Volvo S40

markamcguire

April, 21, 2012 AT 12:28 AM

A friend and I removed the intake and there was oil on top of engine block we removed spark plugs and 2 valves had oil in them.

The pressure is good on the spark plugs and someone told me it could be rings? I dont want to spend 800 or more to fix it if I can do it myself

thank you

Oil Leak From Engine

April, 21, 2012 AT 12:33 AM

If it is rings, you better know how to re build a motor.

Before you jump to conclusions, let a shop at least verify the finding of your friend. 800 is very cheap and most likely will be double that if the job is performed.

JIS001

April, 22, 2012 AT 7:33 AM

What do you mean by leaking oil? You see a drip? If you do then most likely the oil trap box is leaking. Since these is a partial zero emmissions vehicle the emmisions warranty is 10 years or 150,000 miles warranty on the oil trap box. If consuming oil then a tear down most be done to inspect the head and measure the piston running clearance to see if they are oversized or rings need to be done?

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front