I DROVE OVER A CURB WHILE PARKING TODAY DOES IT EVEN MATTER?

2006 Volkswagen Passat

kyleastle

October, 3, 2012 AT 3:36 AM

Hey im just paranoid something will always go wrong with my car,

I was only going 5 mph.
I cheacked out my car after no damage, no popped tires, no leaking or anything.
I only drove over it with my right two tires not the body or left tires.
I drove it an hour later and it drove perfectly, so I was just wondering if thats normal and it doesnt matter of you do that sometimes on accident

caradiodoc

October, 3, 2012 AT 4:18 AM

We call those "potholes" up here in Wisconsin. They're a part of every day driving. There are three things you can look for to see if anything changed affecting the alignment. First, the steering wheel should still be perfectly straight when driving straight ahead, (assuming it was straight before). Second, the car should continue going reasonably straight on a straight road when you let go of the steering wheel.

The third thing takes longer to show up and that's unacceptable tire wear pattens, particularly on the front. If the first two things look normal and tire wear is good now, most likely nothing with the alignment has been affected.

October, 3, 2012 AT 5:26 AM

Where I live, I usually need to get my vehicle up curbs for parking. At the speed that you were driving at, there should not be any problem as the tire is able to absorb the impact of going over the curb.

Don't worry.

kyleastle

October, 3, 2012 AT 5:58 AM

Alright thanks guys, I figured as much but I've had terrible experience with cars and had kind of a rough day so that just added to it the driving was perfect straight steering with no problem. I didn't notice any issue with the tires they look the same so ill just pay more attention next time haha

Replace Tie Rod End
Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Upper Control Arm Replacement