I HAVE A VW

2006 Volkswagen Jetta

JeffS82

November, 27, 2011 AT 9:21 PM

I have a vw. The cruise control quit working. Then it left me stuck at the fuel pump when it would not restart after refueling. Epc light came on. (I dont do top offs) come to find out after appx. 30 min. It did restart. Took it to shop the

November, 27, 2011 AT 9:38 PM

What is it doing now-is it still refusing to start?

JeffS82

November, 28, 2011 AT 12:36 PM

I dont think all my question made it through. The vehicle will start and run. After refueling it has to sit for 30 min or so. What has happened is I got the computer cleared Everything was on line, then the service engine light and EPC light came back on. Additionally the cruise control quit working again and at various times it sounds like there is rattling in the trunk. You have to fight to get it to start after any refueling. An error message on the dianogstic reading was problem in the Evap system. Ok. There's only a 1000 different things to check in that system. What/where do I go from here?

November, 28, 2011 AT 4:04 PM

Evap System -have it smoke tested

JeffS82

November, 28, 2011 AT 4:36 PM

Ok. But what will that do and is that a very expensive?

November, 28, 2011 AT 4:51 PM

Could be a vent or purge solenoid valve etc -take it in to a shop and have it further checked-

rivermikerat

January, 31, 2012 AT 6:48 AM

JeffS82, did you have the Evap system smoke tested and were you able to fix the problem?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Open Hood Video
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda