VOLKWAGON 2.5I STRANGE TICK SOUND

2006 Volkswagen Jetta

GM123

May, 4, 2012 AT 5:49 PM

I have a 2006 Volkwagon Jetta 2.5I hear a strange "tick-tick--tickkktick---tick" sound coming from the right hand back side of my car. As if someone is knocking my back door with an inconsistent frequency. It usually starts during the "first acceleration cycle - after ignition". And goes away after 2-3 minutes. The sound is audible both from within and outside the cabin. And it doesn't matter whether the car is moving or staionary. It will stay for sometime and will be gone after I drive 100 - 200 meters.I'm wondering what this sound is all about.

hmac300

May, 4, 2012 AT 7:07 PM

It might bea n exaust noise of somekind, best to have a pro look at it especially with not being able to hear noises here

exovcds

May, 4, 2012 AT 10:21 PM

EVAP LDP (Leak Detection Pump). Part of the OBD System to monitor
Fuel Tank Pressure.

Normal noise / occurrence.

Thomas

F4I_guy

May, 13, 2012 AT 3:30 PM

If your MIL light is off, I would not worry. If the noise gets really loud, then it is not normal. Typically you should hardly hear the EVAP or fuel system working. If it's real audible inside the cabin, then you do have an issue.

Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW