TODAY MY 2006 JETTA TDI STARTING STALLING WHEN I...

2006 Volkswagen Jetta

TDImolnar

December, 19, 2012 AT 11:58 PM

Today my 2006 Jetta TDI starting stalling when I was starting off in 1st gear. It happened in the morning but I did not think much of it at the time as I was able to start it back up and drive to work. When I was leaving work, the car would start up fine and remain running. When I put it in first gear and started to take off the car would stall. This happened several times and one of them was a "violent" stall. I had to get home so I just kept trying. Eventually I go tout of first gear and second seemed to give me the same issue but didn't completely stall. After driving for about 20 minutes the issue seemed to correct itself. I say this because I came up on a stop light and when I took off everything was fine. The only thing I noticed was that at certain rpms I had some power issues like it was waiting to "kick in". What could be wrong?

exovcds

December, 20, 2012 AT 12:26 AM

Are your brakes dragging?

Cold weather can seize cables in the ON position.

Thomas

TDImolnar

December, 20, 2012 AT 12:43 AM

No, I am not having any noticeable issues with my breaking. I should add that a while ago I did have an engine light come on regarding the EGR. It has since cleared itself though.

exovcds

December, 20, 2012 AT 1:04 AM

I am not aware of a stalling issue such as you described with this model vehicle. If the clutch pedal feels good, then I don't
think that it is a release / engage issue.

Have a Technician at a shop test drive (usually free) it to see what they think.

Thomas

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement