WHY ARE MY RADIATOR COOLING FANS RUNNING SO LOUD?

• Keeshahnt
  • 2006 VOLKSWAGEN GTI

Actually it is not (2) fans, but FAN. I have the dual electric fans but after I got it back from the dealership on some factory recall work the big fan is running constantly, even if I start it and shut it off. I tried turning on my A/C and seeing if I could get the passenger side smaller fan to come on but it is not coming on at all anymore and it seems the larger fan of the two is working double time and sounds like a tornado when it comes on.

Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 2:53 PM

• Docfixit

Need to return to Dealer have them look over their work se if that has effected fans

Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 3:18 PM
  • Keeshahnt

I am trying to gather info before I go back seeing as the noise did not start until I got it back from my dealership.

Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 3:21 PM
  • Docfixit

Without physicaly see vehicle and not knowing what they repaird no clue

Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 3:25 PM
  • Keeshahnt

They replaced the flap motor in the intake, and checked my turbo because it is throwing my check engine light and needs a couple split hoses replaced, the moment they kinda put a 'band aid' on one of the hoses until the part comes in is when the fan began making the noise, when asked about the noise they told me that because the turbo is now actually working because of the hose they taped up, that it is causing the engine to run hotter and that is why the fan is louder and it is now working correctly. Yeah. Right.

Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 3:31 PM
  • Docfixit

Well there is a little logic inwhat they say if engine runs hotter fan speed increases. Sure it is cooling fan and not Turbo your hearing?

Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 8:43 PM
  • Keeshahnt

Well hey Docfixit, so I suppose my hearing and intuition was right that when they fixed my car there is a temperature sensor that the fan uses in the intake (looking at the motor, on the right hand side) that they forgot to plug in so it was causing my fans to run in a type of safe mode so yeah, thanks for nothing.

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 1:31 PM