ENGINE LIGHT

2006 Vauxhall Zafira

Sheps

February, 15, 2012 AT 7:38 PM

I have changed the ignition coil but the engine management light is still on what do I do.

Wrenchtech

February, 15, 2012 AT 7:42 PM

The "check engine" light is an indicator for a system that monitors many electronic functions in the system, also called the "malfunction indicator lamp" (MIL). It can come on for any of hundreds of different causes from any of the systems that the computer monitors. Some are very important and can lead to further component or engine damage and some are emissions related not as serious but still a problem and need to be repaired.

Your first step is to have the computer scanned to retrieve the trouble codes that were set when the check engine light came on. Those codes will give you specific information about what the computer saw and will get you pointed in the right direction to find your problem

Sheps

February, 15, 2012 AT 7:51 PM

I have had the fault code given to me and this is what prompted me to change the ignition coil.

Wrenchtech

February, 15, 2012 AT 7:53 PM

Would you care to share that with us?

Sheps

February, 15, 2012 AT 8:04 PM

903 rings a bell but this was 2 weeks ago

Wrenchtech

February, 15, 2012 AT 8:09 PM

That number doesn't mean anything to me.