WONT STAY

2006 Toyota Sequoia

omeraz

April, 26, 2012 AT 10:22 PM

Hi, I have a Toyota Sequoia that was involved in a collision, when I try to start itit will turn but wont start unless I step on the gas pedal and leave it pressed and will stsay on for as long as I have the gas pedal pressed but the revs very high. As soon as I let the gas pedal go the engine turns off. I am wandering if there is a fuel emergency shutoff somewhere. Or something esle that is preventing the SUV from starting normally. Would you please help?

mhpautos

April, 26, 2012 AT 10:24 PM

How bad was the accident? Start with a scan to see if there are any set fault codes, not all codes will set a check light, has the loom been damaged at all?

omeraz

April, 26, 2012 AT 10:39 PM

The hit was to the passenger side doors, but airbas went off. By loom you refer to the wiring? If thats so, it is not damaged. All the electrical optios work, but just wont turn on. Similarto a ford vehicle after an accident that has a fuel cut off switch. Does the Sequoia has something like that? Or a switch at the fuel pump? Because thats how it feels, like there's no gas injected to the engine.

mhpautos

April, 26, 2012 AT 10:43 PM

Check the actual fuel pressure first and I will see if I can locate any inertia cut off switch in the schematics.

omeraz

April, 27, 2012 AT 12:04 AM

k, I will be out of town and coming back on Monday/Tuesday, can you help me then as well? Since I will check the fuel pressure upon my return

mhpautos

April, 27, 2012 AT 2:40 AM

Yes, just post here I will get a notification sent to me.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang