HOW TO INSTALL REMOVE TRIM AND INSTALL DOOR CONTROL RECEIVER 89741-AA020

2006 Toyota Camry

mariog98

December, 30, 2011 AT 8:28 PM

Need details on how to remove C Pillar Passenger Side trim without damage to install Door Control Receiver 89741AA020. Thank you. Note - I just found your site on the Internet and found your existing messages userful Will recommend site to my pals.

rivermikerat

December, 30, 2011 AT 10:19 PM

Thanks for the recommendation.
Plastic trim is secured to the inner body frame either with clips that are just pressed through holes in the metal, or with screws. These screws can be Torx head (usually T-10, T-15, or T-20) or Phillips. Normally, there will be a plastic button covering the screw head for aesthetic purposes.

If you can take a couple of pictures and upload them to us here, I can take a close look and describe the exact process in detail for you.

mariog98

December, 31, 2011 AT 12:02 AM

The side arear irbag is there too so I was concerned about that. Is the Door Control Receiver above the plastic area where the roof fur lining is? Or is it behind the section of the pillar behind the plasic trim where the airbag label is located? I took a picture for you to review. You can see the roof handle on the left, air bag label in the middle, and roof attachment adapter on the right. Doing more investigatoin I was able to remove the roof attachment you see on the right with a quarter turn of plasci head. I was able to I also pried opn the SRS Airbag cover and it hinged out and I can see a bolt which I did not touch. Do I have to remove the roof handle on the left to pull down the lining to get to the receiver?

rivermikerat

December, 31, 2011 AT 12:36 AM

Per the attached image, it appears to be above it.
That bolt most likely secures the trim panel to the A pillar.

Door Trim Fallen Off? Fix it Quickly Here
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen