NEED HELP IN DETERMINING WHY MY CAR IS RUNNING ROUGH

2006 Suzuki Verona

rob77518

September, 30, 2011 AT 2:50 AM

Hello if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated my check engine light came on tellin me that 2 of my coil packs went bad so I changed those 2 out and my car does not have wire just coil packs and spark plugs took the plugs out and they are good then it said that my oxygen sensor is bad so changed that out but its still running real rough checked my hoses for leaks but like I said when I rev the engine it hesistates to get up to speed just tryin to see if anyone can help thanks

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

September, 30, 2011 AT 2:56 AM

From your first post, you did not change the plugs. You should start with 2 things. Compression test and replace the plugs.
Stop replacing other parts till the basics are covered.
The o2 code came from the engine miss, the o2 was doing its job and asked for help.

rob77518

September, 30, 2011 AT 3:02 AM

I already changed out the plugs along with the coil packs along with the o2 sensor

September, 30, 2011 AT 3:11 AM

Compression? You stated in your other post you checked them and they were ok. I assumed you did not change them, sorry.

Compression is still pending.

rob77518

September, 30, 2011 AT 7:51 AM

And what exactly does compression mean

mhpautos

September, 30, 2011 AT 8:04 AM

A compression test is do to determine if there is sufficient compression when the piston reaches TDC, this is done with a gauge that screws into the spark plug hole, the compressions are read in PSI. Ideally you do not want more than 10% variation between cylinders, if a compression is low, this will cause a miss fire, rough idle, poor fuel economy and low power, the worse the compression the worse the symptom will be, compression test is a fairly easy task on most cars, this is a major diagnostic tool for tune related problems.