HOW TO REPLACE AN OIL PUMP

2006 Suzuki Forenza

w1zardb1ker

Need to find out how to replace the oil pump

You gonna have to remove the front engine cover to replace it-How do you know its the oil pump-what tests did you performed to come to this conclusion?

w1zardb1ker

January, 6, 2012 AT 12:05 AM

The light came on and the engine just started to tap. I figure it to be either the pump or the pump drive shaft. There is pleanty of oil in the car. Can you go into a little more detail. This is my first time in a forenza

January, 6, 2012 AT 12:09 AM

Check the actual oil pressure with a mechanical gauge-this could be the oil pump or engine bearings depends where the noise is-

w1zardb1ker

January, 6, 2012 AT 12:15 AM

The noise is coming from the top of the engine. Bearing would be lower on the engine. I know that noise can sound like it is in a differant area, but this is fairly iscolates.

January, 6, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

Check the oil pressure then get back with the readings

w1zardb1ker

January, 6, 2012 AT 2:13 AM

I'll get with you in the evening tomorrow. The car wont get here til the morning. Glad to have it at the shop instead of out on the road

w1zardb1ker

Car never made it here tonight. I was told that the light came on and when it was checked it needed oil. The engine started tapping then. They added oil and both stopped. Then the tap came back slowly. Now the light is on and there is pleanty oil and the tapping is louder then it was. It sounds more like the bearing to me. I'll let you know as soon as the car gets here and I can check the pressure.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Corolla
Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement