06 WATER LEAKING INTO CAR

2006 Suzuki Forenza

rachelanne30

December, 29, 2011 AT 6:24 PM

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this. For almost a year now I've been having a problem with my 06 Forenza leaking water into the passenger side floor. I've taken it to my local suzuki shop multiple times and they can't find anything wrong with it. Its not the AC and all the hoses are clear. They also said that the seals on the doors appear to be fine. I even had my windshield replaced because a few years back I had to get a new one, so I was thinking that the resin had broken down over the years and was causing the water to leak inside. I thought that had finally fixed it, but I noticed the water once again. I'm almost positive that the water is coming up directly under the passenger seat. I live in the Northeast, so now that its winter the inside of my windshield keeps frosting over and its a pain to deal with.

I'm at my wits end, please help!

fixitmr

December, 29, 2011 AT 6:29 PM

They sell anti frost/moisture repellants for glass that you can treat your windows with till you solve it.

ruthann.sirbaugh@okstate.edu

December, 30, 2011 AT 9:46 PM

Mine is doing the same thing except its the drivers side. We must have vacuumed 1/2 gallon of water out again today. Carpet stinks now and car is soaked

fixitmr

December, 31, 2011 AT 1:33 AM

Does it only occur after/during rain?

ruthann.sirbaugh@okstate.edu

December, 31, 2011 AT 3:32 AM

fixitmr

December, 31, 2011 AT 5:25 AM

Is it warm or cold where you are? I mean on a nice day you could wash car while inside watching for source of leak?

fixitmr

December, 31, 2011 AT 5:27 AM

Also whats the smell? Old stale moldy rug smell? Try some bleach in weak mixture to cure.

ruthann.sirbaugh@okstate.edu

December, 31, 2011 AT 4:16 PM

I have washed the car and, yes, bleach will get rid of the moldy smell but that really doesnt solve the problem.

fixitmr

December, 31, 2011 AT 4:58 PM

So your saying washing does not let water in car? Maybe car has to be moving for water to get in? Which would indicate the spinning wheels are throwing water into wheel wells. Try blasting hose around in wheel wells and see if it gets in car?

Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Ford F-250
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro