HOW DO I DISCONNECT THE RUNNING LIGHTS?

2006 Suzuki Aerio

CrazySerb23

April, 28, 2012 AT 4:09 PM

2006 suzuki aerio sx, how do I disconnect the running lights on my car without messing with the actual headlights? Is there a way. My car every time I turn the key the headlights come on automatically. I am guessing those are called running lights, now is there a way to disconnect them without messing with the actual headlights?

April, 28, 2012 AT 4:12 PM

Nope, it is programmed into the computer.

Why do you want to stop them from working?

CrazySerb23

April, 28, 2012 AT 4:23 PM

Because I changed the bulbs twice already in the past 4 months. I drive alot and even when its sunny outside the lights are on. Its just stupid.

CrazySerb23

April, 28, 2012 AT 4:26 PM

The funny part is. Whenever I pull up the E-Brake they shut off. Ive been thinking of maybe taking out the interior and seeing what triggers the lights to stop working when the e-brake is initiated. Maybe there's a switch or something similer that I can by pass. Idk.

April, 28, 2012 AT 4:28 PM

Nope. It is all integrated in the pcm.

Once again, why do you want them off?

CrazySerb23

April, 28, 2012 AT 4:30 PM

Cause again, they are on in day light. What is the point in that? I use the headlights at night. I don't need my headlights to be running during the day. Again what is the point to that? It keeps on burning up my bulbs.

April, 28, 2012 AT 4:32 PM

Most vehicles here have them on all the time. They are daytime running lights and are on for saftey. I dont know where you are located but you may have a vehicle assembled in the USA which would explain it.

CrazySerb23

April, 28, 2012 AT 4:43 PM

Yeah, im in Chicago, IL I understand its daylight savings time. But I just cant understand what the purpose they are meant for. My suzuki is bright white, and if people on the road cant see me in a bright white Suzuki Aerio then they shouldn't be driving at all. I appriciate you answering my questions, ill have to find out for myself if I can do anything. Thank you.

April, 28, 2012 AT 4:48 PM

Good luck

Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy